lemonsqueeze

Thursday, September 01, 2005

electricity

well i guess i need it, i mean i guess i could do without the lights and fridge and all but i surely couldnt give up my ac or my stereo. so im awaiting on disco? music hold (due to heavy call volume my wait is estimated at a mere 25 min- so i say- what a nice time to blog!) for a con edison rep to get on the phone and exchange words with me about how there are going to cut me off if i dont pay the bill...threats, threats, and promises....i am only motivated to do something about this bec they gave me a deadline. its not that i dont want to pay my bill- believe me i do -yup sure do- but i think they seemed to have switched accounts on me. my friend ben in grad school however could not pay his bill bec he had no money- we never quite figured out where it all went- but it was grad school and there wasnt much to go around. so we lent him a flashlight so he could find his way around his dorm room at night, ben the autistic savant, brillant but oh so off kilter. what does kilter mean anyway? having time and willing to save y'all the trouble... kilter-good condition, proper form. and ben is certainly the poster boy for off kilter. lets see what to do with the other 23 remaining min? 3 of my friends are in the hurricane katrina quagmire. and if you look at the definition of the word it truly fits both ways- 1.land with a soft or muddy surface that yields when stepped on. 2. a difficult or precarious situation. one of them is a physician who is staying in mississsippi to help out. and those people really need electricity more than me. then theres my 35 y.o. friend with the stroke who had a second stroke in the hospital yesterday. hopefully only a small setback in her road to recovery- but crap, yesterday on the neuro icu, seeing her i really felt like crying. realizing it wouldnt do any good, i didnt. instead i just dealt with the tsunami of nausea recognizing the vulnerability of us. Buckminster Fuller said 'sometimes i think we're alone, sometimes i think we're not. in either case the thought is staggering.' phenomenal man, phenomenal life if you ever want to look him up. those #$%&*$*@!! 34 min on hold!!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    With every "help desk" in the world
    providing quality service and disco
    like con ed, it's a wonder we're not
    all a little 'off kilter'. Maybe we
    are. How would we know? Whom do we
    compare ourselves to? Maybe that's what Fuller was saying. You compare
    when your not alone, and don't when you
    are. Me, I'm pulling for your friend.

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger intrigant said…

    leo-thanks for your kind words. i truly appreciate it. going to the beach this weekend to reconnect with the endless grains of sand-hopefully i will hear good news when i come back.

    fish- you crack me up...how did you know i always press 0 to try and bypass?
    thanks for your tech support. got a flashlight?
    4 score and 7.....i could still do it in under the time they kept me on hold and and by the way never picked up after 57 min.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree Buckminster Filler was an amazing person. He also said "There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly."

    IS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home