lemonsqueeze

Friday, September 23, 2005

i'll sleep when im dead

always loved that saying and always tried to live by it- i mean i will never get today back no matter how long i live. so i try to say yes to as many things as possible. but sometimes sleep overtakes the best of us, or even me and i dose off in inappropriate spots/times. be that as it may, this is not about sleep -its about the lack thereof. being up for 26 hours in a row, and trying to hurry to get to the airport does not make the best alignment of stars and of this i was rudely, expensively made aware of. CRASH as i plowed into the back of a 2005 suv. fuck i said along with the six other george carlin words. damm im gonna miss my plane ran through my head as i got out of the car and apologized profusely and repetitively to the point of perseveration to the driver in front of me. my first real car-- a 97 honda civic-- was deceased. it stood no chance against his. he took photos. i apologized. he said he was late for his tennis appt. i apologized again. my social skills became real focused and narrow. i apologized. i called my insurance company. she asked me which insurance he carried. i said i didnt get that information. i apologized again. i slept on the plane...

3 Comments:

  • At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like that expression too, think I might borrow it for a blog entry. Heck with the lack of sleep I have been enduring I have lived 3 lives (wink wink)...

    Damn I missed you and your blog entries...and am overtly impressed with your instantaneous sharpening of social skills. Feel free to practice on me anytime!

    IS

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger intrigant said…

    i.s.
    i am so sorry- hows that for social acumen?

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger minako said…

    i'll sleep when i'm dead... but sometimes i feel soooo tired....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home