lemonsqueeze

Thursday, July 21, 2005

insomnia/too much colloid?

ENTIRETY OF POSSIBILITY-i keep passing that comment written on a bench in central park and i always think how cool it is that someone is out there thinking that way-not the best english but the thought is magnificent. it encompasses all. it allows all. it sets no rules, it includes all options. it reminds me of a precocious (which is how she described herself when i met her) eight year old child i had the fun of taking care of for a year when i was twenty in exchange for room and board. and i guess children are more likely to think in that vein and too bad most of us lose that ability to feel that. because its a great flippin feeling. and having recently seen my 8 year old, now an adult shes still got it....which is nice to see. nice from its middle english roots actually means foolish and it was not so long ago that it was not a very complimentary thing to say. but whats wrong with acting a little foolish from time to time? as long as no one loses an eye, its all good.
last call....

2 Comments:

  • At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought you were passing the colloid comment on the benches! Wondered to myself how todays child is so much smarter than I was! Took a second reading to realise it was the next sentence. So its you who is smarter than me (that I can handle). How nice to continue a bond with someone who grew within your care. Thats a special place in someones heart. I wish I had this story, but all I did was sit on my butt, wonder what I could eat next and who I should call on their phone!

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger minako said…

    i love that. huh. "entirety of possiblity"

    and there's absouloutely nothing wrong with being foolish - sometimes it's a good thing. just as long as you're not always being played for a fool..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home